We all have doubts. Some days, we barely have the strength to put one foot in front of the other. But we are all capable of more than we might be feeling at any given moment.
Sometimes we just need a few words of encouragement. We can loom to people we admire and take comfort and strength from them. Here are 12 “you are stronger than you think” quotes to uplift your spirits when you needed the most.
12 Quotes for Encouragement and Strength
1. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” —Maya Angelou
2. “Fear is a confession of weakness. What you fear is stronger than you, or you think it is, else you wouldn’t be afraid of it.” — Lucy Maud Montgomery
3. “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart… I’ll always be with you.” —Christopher Robin (by A. A. Milne)
4. “The bravest thing you can do is keep going, even when you want to give up.” —Unknown
5. “Ask for help. Not because you are weak. But because you want to remain strong.” —Les Brown
6. “Real courage is being afraid but doing it anyway.” —Oprah Winfrey
7. “The best view is usually after the hardest climb. We always appreciate the struggle in the end.” —Unknown
8. “You can’t be brave if you’ve only had wonderful things happen to you.” —Mary Tyler Moore
9. “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” —Francis of Assisi
10. “We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” —Barbara De Angelis
11. “Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life. Keep going. Tough situations build strong people in the end.” —Roy T. Bennett
12. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” —Winston S. Churchill
Find Your Inspiring Quotes
Not all of these will resonate with everyone, but if one or two of them do, hang on to them. It’s amazing how much encouragement we can get just knowing someone we know or admire has gone through the same things we are.
Find a few quotes that work for you and make sure you keep them close. Maybe keep it written out in your wallet or as the background on your phone. That way, you will see it regularly and be reminded you are worthy.