Sometimes it can be difficult to love yourself and appreciate your worth. That’s why body positivity quotes are essential for both men and women of all sizes.
I’ve struggled with body image my entire life. When I was thin, people told me I should put on a few pounds. When I managed to do so, I was then told that I actually looked better without the extra weight. Being the people-pleaser that I am, I would constantly try to match someone else’s ideal body type. Unfortunately, doing so was taking a toll on my health.
Luckily, after a while, I came to my senses and started to think about what I thought was beautiful. I stopped torturing my body with diets and started to embrace myself. If you can relate to my struggles, these body positivity quotes are just the thing you need!
Top 24 Body Positivity Quotes
Body Positivity Quotes to Make You Comfortable in Your Own Skin
1. “Love your body because you only have one.” ― Unknown
2. “Feeling beautiful has nothing to do with what you look like.” ― Emma Watson
3. “The best gift you are ever going to give someone — the permission to feel safe in their own skin.” ― Hannah Brencher
4. “One day I decided that I was beautiful and so I carried out my life as if I was a beautiful girl. It doesn’t have anything to do with how the world perceives you. What matters is what you see.” ― Gabourey Sidibe
5. “Confidence is the only key. I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” ― Emma Stone
6. “When you discover your self-worth you will lose interest in anyone who doesn’t see it.” ― Unknown
7. “Girls of all kinds can be beautiful — from the thin, plus-sized, short, very tall, ebony to porcelain-skinned; the quirky, clumsy, shy, outgoing and all in between. It’s not easy though because many people still put beauty into a confining, narrow box…think outside of the box.” ― Tyra Banks
8. “People often say that ‘beauty is in the eye of the beholder,’ and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder.” ― Salma Hayek
9. “I have learned to enjoy my body when I have a few extra pounds on, just being more voluptuous.” ― Fergie
Body Positivity Quotes to Boost Your Confidence
10. “You can be the most beautiful person in the world and everybody sees light and rainbows when they look at you, but if you yourself don’t know it, all of that doesn’t even matter. Every second that you spend on doubting your worth, every moment that you use to criticize yourself; is a second of your life wasted, is a moment of your life thrown away. It’s not like you have forever, so don’t waste any of your seconds, don’t throw even one of your moments away.” ― C. JoyBell C.
11. “Weight loss does not make people happy. Or peaceful. Being thin does not address the emptiness that has no shape or weight or name. Even a wildly successful diet is a colossal failure because inside the new body is the same sinking heart.” ― Geneen Roth
12. “There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty.” ― Steve Maraboli
13. “Who cares if there are lumps on my thighs? I’m guilty of having human legs made up of fat, muscle, and skin, and sometimes when you sit, they get bumpy.” — Kristen Bell
14. “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.” — Alan Cohen
15. “I don’t look in the mirror and go, ‘Oh, I look fantastic!’ Of course, I don’t. Nobody is perfect. I just don’t believe in perfection. But I do believe in saying, ‘This is who I am and look at me not being perfect!’ I’m proud of that.” — Kate Winslet
Body Positivity Quotes to Live By
16. “I wish I could tell my younger self that she was always more than a body. She always had more to offer the world than weight loss and flat abs. So much more.” — Megan Jayne Crabbe
17. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” — Thích Nhất Hạnh
18. “You are imperfect, permanently and inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful.” ― Amy Bloom
19. “Since I don’t look like every other girl, it takes a while to be okay with that. To be different. But different is good.” — Serena Williams
20. “You can’t hate yourself happy. You can’t criticize yourself thin. You can’t shame yourself worthy. Real change begins with self-love and self-care.” — Jessica Ortner
21. “Hating our bodies is something that we learn, and it sure as hell is something that we can unlearn.” ― Megan Jayne Crabbe
22. “I don’t want to wait until I’m 73 to embrace my body. To look back and think of my beauty: How did I miss it? Let’s not wait another moment.” ― Ashley Asti
23. “I strongly believe that our bodies give back to us whatever resonates with the thoughts we are thinking about it. If you truly love your body, are grateful and appreciative of the things it can do for you, and what it does for you every day without even having to ask, you will change your life.” ― Crystal Gray
24. “Your body. Your diet. Your life. It isn’t perfect. It never will be. But it’s real. It’s honest. It’s beautifully flawed. And totally magical.” ― Nicola Jane Hobbs
Feeling good about yourself and the way you look can be difficult at times; even more so when you’re having an “off” day. However, sometimes all it takes to boost your self-esteem is to look in the mirror and say “I look stunning.”
Hopefully, these body positivity quotes will help you appreciate yourself (and your body) more. Remember ― there’s nothing more attractive than confidence.